Now hiring! Events & Marketing Executive (maternity leave cover).
Please apply in writing by post or email, with a CV and a covering letter, to:
Byres Road & Lanes BID
61 Byres Road,
Download the job advert and description here:
Byres Road & Lanes Business Improvement District was established in May 2015, with the aim of making Byres Road and its surrounding lanes a better and more profitable trading environment for our member businesses. A key part of our strategy is to host events to promote footfall and raise awareness, and to actively market the area using social and traditional media. Close liaison with our member businesses will be a major element of the role.
We seek to recruit an Events & Marketing Executive to work closely with our Project Manager and Board of Directors when our current colleague is on maternity leave. The ideal candidate would have a qualification and /or experience in events organisation, a good understanding of, and familiarity with, social and traditional media marketing, some graphic design ability and excellent project management skills.
We recognise that this post may be suitable for job share.
Normal office hours, but additional hours may be necessary during events and promotions. 4 weeks paid holidays and statutory days. Salary commensurate with experience. This position is to cover maternity leave, initially for the period from 1 July 2019 to 30 April 2020. Should the BID be renewed the cover would extend to 31 August 2020. The position is based at our office on Byres Road.
• Develop and deliver events designed to increase the footfall on, and profile of, the Byres Road BID, in collaboration with the BID Board and Project Manager
• Deliver a communications strategy and marketing plan for Byres Road BID in collaboration with the BID Board and Project Manager
• Undertake B2B and B2C email marketing
• Plan and manage social media accounts for the BID to deliver against agreed objectives.
• Provide website updates – both B2B and B2C content
• Undertake website performance analysis and reporting
• Design of brochures, adverts and other promotional material for print and social media
• Print management for event or campaign promotional materials from commission to distribution
• Manage online and offline advertising as agreed with the BID Project Manager
• Manage collaborative communications with BID events and project partners, including West End Festival.
• Actively liaise with member businesses to consult and inform them on developments, activities and campaigns, including re-ballot activity
• Work with Project Manager to inform local stakeholders about upcoming events and activities.
Qualifications and Experience
• Events, marketing or graphic design degree or other qualification
• Experience of developing, running and evaluating events
• Experience of managing digital communication channels including websites, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
• Previous experience of working in an events or a marketing role (or related) with proven track record of success in achieving objectives
• Excellent communication skills, specifically written English
• A high level of accuracy and attention to detail, proof reading and collating complex information into reports.
• Excellent IT skills with specific experience of working with databases, MS office applications, Google Analytics and
•Ability to use Adobe Creative Suite or other relevant design software (desirable)
•Ability to design.for print and social media
• Highly organised
• Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to juggle a wide range of competing demands
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Behaviours / Characteristics
• A positive team player with a can-do attitude
• Flexible and adaptable to changing work priorities
• Creative and innovative in their approach to marketing strategies, executions and communications
• Demonstrates initiative and personal leadership – can work alone or in teams
• Completes tasks to a high standard and is results driven
• Ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups
• An interest in Glasgow’s West End
• Keen to work with small businesses