The final months of summer are nearly upon us (sob), so we bring you our top picks to make the most of your August.
OUTDOOR CINEMA IN THE BOTANIC GARDENS
1. Bill in the Botanics. 17-20 August
Well we can’t do a best of and not mention our own event, can we? At number one is our open-air cinema screenings at the Botanic Gardens on the 17, 18, 19 & 20th. Following a successful first year, we are doing it all over again, this time with four selections and an even larger audience. Celebrating director Bill Forsyth we bring you: That Sinking Feeling, Comfort & Joy, Gregory’s Girl & Local Hero. Do your best sunshine dance now!
To book tickets visit our box office
Vinicombe StrEAT party. 27 August
2. We are buzzing for the return of this awesome opportunity to eat, drink and be merry with our fellow West Enders. Providing entertainment for all the family: there’s face painting for the wee ones, street vendors for the munchers, live music for… well everyone, along with a vintage fair & bar. You get the picture. There is loads on so get yourself down there!
Summer Nights 2-13 August
3. Bringing its musical repertoire back to Kelvingrove Park, the bandstand features a variety of fantastic crooners for Summer Nights. Texas and Arab strap are just a few of the artists that can be seen during the two-week stint in KG.
If you fancy swaying with your fellow Glaswegians hurry! Tickets are selling fast!
4. The Jurassic Kingdom at the Botanic Gardens. 26 August -10 September
Ok, we are just going to get it out the way. It’s going to be DINO-MITE, yup we went there. All puns aside, we seriously cannot wait for the dinosaurs to descend on the Botanics.
The animatronic monsters will be with us at the end of the month and look set to be a hit! There are more than 30 life sized dinos making their way to the park, and the event will feature in depth information on how the prehistoric creatures lived before extinction.
Watch out they roar!
5. Vinicombe Street Village Green 1-26 August
Our little piece of summer in the West End, come join us to chill 10 -5 everyday in August.