We're hiring! Come and work in the heart of the west end and work with some of Glasgow most iconic businesses.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and well-organised individual to help plan and execute an events and communications strategy to develop business engagement for the Byres Road & Lanes BID. Events include the Byres Road Book Festival, Christmas on Byres Road and summer activities to name a few.
Working with our project manager you will organise, manage and deliver an events programme for the year and be able to build strong relationships with businesses and traders. Harnessing the power of digital will not faze you and must be able to work with website content management systems and social media platforms.
Objectives of the BID
- To create a strong local partnership that gets things done and make our voice heard.
- To improve the economic opportunities and the trading environment for the businesses in the road and lanes.
- To increase customer footfall, customer linger time, customer spend and customer retention.
- To make the BID “cost neutral” by saving businesses money through collective working.
- To improve businesses relationships with each other, the local authority and the community.
- To market Byres Road to a local, regional, national and international audience.
- To give businesses a strong, unified voice to engage with GCC on area improvements and lobby for changes.
- To support local voluntary groups who working in partnership with the BID.
- To act as a vehicle for attracting larger scale external funding.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Byres Road & Lanes Business Improvement District was established in March 2015, with the aim of making Byres Road and its surrounding lanes a better and more profitable trading environment for our member businesses. A key part of our strategy is to host events to promote footfall and raise awareness, and to actively market the area using social and traditional media.
We seek to recruit an Events & Communications Executive to work closely with our Project Manager and Board of Directors. The ideal candidate would have a qualification and /or experience in events organisation, a good understanding of, and familiarity with, social and traditional media marketing, and excellent project management skills.
Normal office hours, but additional hours may be necessary during events and promotions. 4 weeks paid holidays and statutory days. Salary commensurate with experience, in the region of £19,000 to £23,000. This is a permanent position, but only for the duration of the BID project, which ends in March 2020 (unless the BID is renewed.) The position is based at our office on Byres Road.
Please apply in writing by post or email, with a CV, to:
Byres Road & Lanes BID
61 Byres Road,
Glasgow G11 5RG
JOB SPECIFICATION: EVENTS & COMMUNICATIONS EXECUTIVE
- Develop and deliver events designed to increase the footfall on, and profile of, the Byres Road BID, in collaboration with the BID Board and Project Manager
- Deliver a communications strategy and marketing plan for Byres Road BID in collaboration with the BID Board and Project Manager
- Undertake B2B and B2C email marketing
- Plan and manage social media accounts for the BID to deliver against agreed objectives.
- Provide website updates – both B2B and B2C content
- Undertake website performance analysis and reporting
- Print management for event or campaign promotional materials from commission to distribution
- Liaise with our chosen PR agency on large projects. Build relationships with key members of the press and bloggers and develop press copy
- Manage online and offline advertising as agreed with the BID Project Manager
- Manage collaborative communications with BID events and project partners, including West End Festival.
- Work with Project Manager to inform local stakeholders about upcoming events and activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Events or marketing degree or other qualification
- Experience of developing, running and evaluating events
- Experience of managing digital communication channels including websites, Facebook and Twitter.
- Previous experience of working in an events or a marketing role (or related) with proven track record of success in achieving objectives