We're hiring! Come and work in the heart of the west end and work with some of Glasgow most icon's businesses.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and well-organised individual to help plan and execute an events and communications strategy to develop business engagement for the Byres Road & Lanes BID. Events include the Byres Road Book Festival, Christmas on Byres Road and summer activities to name a few.
Working with our project manager you will organise, manage and deliver an events programme for the year and be able to build strong relationships with businesses and traders. Harnessing the power of digital will not phase you and must be able to work with website content management systems and social media platforms.
Objectives of the BID
- To create a strong local partnership that gets things done and make our voice heard.
- To improve the economic opportunities and the trading environment for the businesses in the road and lanes.
- To increase customer footfall, customer linger time, customer spend and customer retention.
- To make the BID “cost neutral” by saving businesses money through collective working.
- To improve businesses relationships with each other, the local authority and the community.
- To market Byres Road to a local, regional, national and international audience.
- To give businesses a strong, unified voice to engage with GCC on area improvements and lobby for changes.
- To support local voluntary groups who working in partnership with the BID.
- To act as a vehicle for attracting larger scale external funding.
If you like to help build the Visit West Community and help drive people to wander west then please send a CV to Deborah Murray deborahmurray (@) visitwestend.com