The nights are getting darker, you’ve looked out your scarf and X Factor is taking over your weekend, it can mean only one thing; it’s time to get festive, the West End Christmas showcase is coming to town!Read More
Student Discount Guide
Students with valid student ID can get discounts at these businesses in the West End:
• Bar Soba (Byres Road) 116-122 Byres Road: 50% off food and 25% off drinks
• Bikram Yoga Glasgow 1 Dowanside Lane : 20% off memberships
• Brother Men's Stylist 121 Byres Road : 20% off
• Brett Nicholls Associates 63 Ruthven Lane : Half price tax returns
• Byres Road Dental Practice 175 Byres Road : discounts on teeth whitening and Invisalign - free consultation.
• Cafe Go-Go 16 Cresswell Lane: 10% off
• Cafe Swiss 311 Byres Road: 20% off
• Chroma Collection 173 Byres Road: 20% off Monday to Friday
• CCW Clothing 319-321 Byres Road: 10% off
• Currie & Quirk Opticians 142-144 Byres Road: 25% off complete pairs of glasses (frame and lenses)
• Demijohn, the liquid deli 382 Byres Road: 5% off any product in-store only offer ends 30 Nov 2018.
• Majic Gifts ltd 57 Ruthven Lane: 10% off
• Mail Boxes Etc. UK (Byres Road, Glasgow) 103 Byres Road: 10% off printing and binding. Discounted shipping. Special on one drop post receiving service £99.00 for a year.
• Masala Twist Westend 192-194 Byres Road: 20% off a la carte menu and £1 off buffet.
• Matilda's Coffee Shop & Patisserie Byres Road 380 Byres Road: 5% off
• The Nancy Smillie Shop Cresswell Lane: 10% off full price items excluding furniture.
• Okome 161 Byres Road: 10% off.
• Oliver Bonas 243-245 Byres Road: 10% discount with the app Student Beans (full price items)
• Papyrus 374 Byres Road: 10% off basement cookshop
• Phoenix multi service shop 99 Byres Road: 20% off
• Revival Retreat 309 Byres Road: 10% off Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays
• SIX ROOMS, hair and beauty 6 Highburgh Road: 10% off
• S'mug Coffee Bar 167 Great George Street: Student takeaway drinks only £2.
• Snappy Snaps 306 Byres Road: 10% off everything except film purchases.
• Sorrento Glasgow 360 Byres Road: 20% off a la carte menu
• Specsavers 316 Byres Road: 25% off
• S&S Argento Jewellery 284 Byres Road: 10% off
• Stuart Donald Hair 5 Highburgh Road : 20% off on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
• Superdrug 330 Byres Road: 10% off
• Taco Mazama - Mexican Street Food 263 Byres Road: 10% off
• Vision Express 384 Byres Road: 20% off frames
• Uni Barber 3 White Street: 20% discount Monday-Saturday
• Waterstones Byres Road: see inside for details
“I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books”
–Jorge Luis Borges
Well this pretty much sums up what life is like for us now that the 2017 Byres Road Book Festival has ended!!
4 Days of readings, signings, poetry, cartoons, superheroes and lots of coffee drinking are over! At Book Fest HQ everyone is having a wee lie down and a well deserved rest after a jam packed weekend at Oxfam Books, Waterstones & Hillhead Library.Read More
September " season of mists and mellow fruitfulness"
The best of Autumn is upon us and we've barely even noticed!!
It's hard to believe we're a full week into September already!!
Time to get on with our recommendations before it's Halloween!!
We are delighted to welcome you to the second Byres Road Book Festival, after a great inaugural year in 2016. We have a broad range of events and activities that we hope will engage all ages and many interests.
Amongst more than twenty events in this programme you’ll find witty Gaelic women, four crime writers in search of a plot, a poet working with a cartoonist, one of Scotland’s finest literary Irish imports, superheroes and an innovative project by Scottish PEN.
So join us in the West End for a September Weekend filled with books, conversations and laughter, and spend some time exploring all that Byres Road and the lanes have to offer.
Visit www.byresroadbookfestival.com for more info
Back to school already! To ease the pain a little we have our book of summer promotions. A little booklet featuring our lovely local businesses and their great deals!
Our friendly street team are out and about however if you missed them please download for your chance to save!
Wendy’s Hoose moved into Cresswell Lane for the second time in August, having previously held a different unit in De Courcy’s Arcade. The small shop is filled with scented candles, crafts and upcycled furniture, most of which are made by Wendy and her husband Kenny.Read More