Stuck for things to do this weekend? Check out these suggestions.Read More
Student Discount Guide
Students with valid student ID can get discounts at these businesses in the West End:
• Bar Soba (Byres Road) 116-122 Byres Road: 50% off food and 25% off drinks
• Bikram Yoga Glasgow 1 Dowanside Lane : 20% off memberships
• Brother Men's Stylist 121 Byres Road : 20% off
• Brett Nicholls Associates 63 Ruthven Lane : Half price tax returns
• Byres Road Dental Practice 175 Byres Road : discounts on teeth whitening and Invisalign - free consultation.
• Cafe Go-Go 16 Cresswell Lane: 10% off
• Cafe Swiss 311 Byres Road: 20% off
• Chroma Collection 173 Byres Road: 20% off Monday to Friday
• CCW Clothing 319-321 Byres Road: 10% off
• Currie & Quirk Opticians 142-144 Byres Road: 25% off complete pairs of glasses (frame and lenses)
• Demijohn, the liquid deli 382 Byres Road: 5% off any product in-store only offer ends 30 Nov 2018.
• Majic Gifts ltd 57 Ruthven Lane: 10% off
• Mail Boxes Etc. UK (Byres Road, Glasgow) 103 Byres Road: 10% off printing and binding. Discounted shipping. Special on one drop post receiving service £99.00 for a year.
• Masala Twist Westend 192-194 Byres Road: 20% off a la carte menu and £1 off buffet.
• Matilda's Coffee Shop & Patisserie Byres Road 380 Byres Road: 5% off
• The Nancy Smillie Shop Cresswell Lane: 10% off full price items excluding furniture.
• Okome 161 Byres Road: 10% off.
• Oliver Bonas 243-245 Byres Road: 10% discount with the app Student Beans (full price items)
• Papyrus 374 Byres Road: 10% off basement cookshop
• Phoenix multi service shop 99 Byres Road: 20% off
• Revival Retreat 309 Byres Road: 10% off Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays
• SIX ROOMS, hair and beauty 6 Highburgh Road: 10% off
• S'mug Coffee Bar 167 Great George Street: Student takeaway drinks only £2.
• Snappy Snaps 306 Byres Road: 10% off everything except film purchases.
• Sorrento Glasgow 360 Byres Road: 20% off a la carte menu
• Specsavers 316 Byres Road: 25% off
• S&S Argento Jewellery 284 Byres Road: 10% off
• Stuart Donald Hair 5 Highburgh Road : 20% off on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
• Superdrug 330 Byres Road: 10% off
• Taco Mazama - Mexican Street Food 263 Byres Road: 10% off
• Vision Express 384 Byres Road: 20% off frames
• Uni Barber 3 White Street: 20% discount Monday-Saturday
• Waterstones Byres Road: see inside for details
The Nancy Smillie Shop is well known to many West Enders and has been located on the corner of Cresswell Street and Lane since the early 90’s. Over time, the shop has grown to stock pottery, jewellery, art, furniture and home decorations, with a dedicated jewellery studio opening on Great Western Road in 2009.Read More
Glasgow has just finished hosting The Homeless World Cup, which took place on George Square over seven days. More than 50 countries participated, touching the lives of homeless people around the world through the game of football. During the cup, a large mural appeared on Cathedral Street, gaining attention from fans as well as the general public. We had a chat with Art Pistol, the West End-based art gallery behind this and many other murals around Glasgow.Read More
While the weather might not be all that great at the moment, the Glaswegians did catch a proper glimpse of summer and are hungry for more. Of course, summer is best right here in the West End. Here’s why:Read More
Currently in its 15th year, Bard in the Botanics is a popular summer feature that has been embraced by the theatre-loving Glaswegians. New for this year is the inclusion of works by other Renaissance writers, with ‘Doctor Faustus’ premiering next month.Read More
Alasdair Gray is one of Scotland’s most beloved writers and artist, and has been a resident of the West End since the late 60s. A well-known face in the area, Gray has made his mark on Byres Road by creating public art in several buildings, including Oran Mor, Ubiquitous Chip, Hillhead Subway Station and The Western Baths Club.Read More
A Play, A Pie and A Pint has just begun its 24th season at Oran Mor. As one of the first to introduce lunchtime theatre in Scotland, this popular venue has put on over 380 plays and continues to surprise and delight, with loyal audience members returning week after week.Read More